Process Engineer Metrology
What you will do
You will be a member of the In-line Inspection and Metrology Engineering team. This team is responsible for in-line processes and tools which are used for wafer level characterization of processes and materials used in the area of CMORE (MEMS, actuators, sensors ...) Core (Logic, Memory, Interconnect, 3D...).
As a Process Engineer Metrology, you will be responsible for a number of tools and techniques:
- You make sure that the metrology tools work accurately and precise.
- You assist with troubleshooting issues related to in-line measurements.
- You establish procedures to ensure that the measurements are correctly calibrated and you monitor the SPC.
- You help your colleagues from the development division to introduce new techniques. You advise internal clients of the possibilities of your tools. You set up training programs for users.
- You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, hardware and process engineers, operations, industry assignees, tool suppliers, device and process experts.
- You will work in a shift system (early/late) to support a 24h by 7d coverage.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You obtained a Master in Industrial or Materials Science or engineering or equal by experience and display strong engineering skills and mindset. Background in semiconductor processing with knowledge in material science is a preference.
- You are passionate about measuring and interpreting data and you are keen on using data for high quality results. You strive to document and report your work to highest quality standards.
- You are an enthusiastic team player, autonomous, a problem solver, stress-resistant and organized person with eye for detail.
- You are interested in working hands-on in a clean room environment.
- You are eager to work in a highly competitive field and a multicultural environment. Given the international character of imec, fluency in English is a must.