Process Integration Engineer BEOL
What you will do
- You will be working in the Back-End Process Integration team (BPI), leading projects related to BEOL integration contributing to either the R&D program on nano interconnects or to bilateral projects.
- You will be responsible for the realization and characterization of new pattering concepts and integrations schemes on wafers processed in imec’s 300mm fabrication facility.
- You will define and discuss process splits with the Process Step Development Engineers, implement the splits into the process flow, and take care of the cycle time follow up during processing in the imec pilot line.
- You will report your results internally to Program Managers, Program Director and within multi-functional meetings, and externally to customers
- You will perform and interpret electrical and reliability measurements to characterize your process.
- You will also be responsible for maintaining stable baseline flows and ramping yield.
- Communication and interaction with the other groups within the STS department, as well as customers, is a major requirement for this job.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or a master’s degree in a relevant area, combined with 5+ years on the job experience in Back End Of Line (BEOL) Integration.
- A strong background in advanced pattering techniques, Cu/low K integration, and Cu metallization is preferred.
- You have experience in presenting scientific results (publications, conferences or seminars)
- You are a communicative team player with project management capabilities, able to work independently when needed.
- You take initiative, you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You have strong organizational skills and show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.