Process Integration Engineer for GaN Power Devices
What you will do
GaN is a wide bandgap material that allows for a disruptive change in performance of power transistors and diodes. This is because it has a higher critical electric field for breakdown and a faster switching speed. Today, we experience the first market penetration of GaN power devices for application in many power systems like, battery chargers, photovoltaic inverters, hybrid and full electrical vehicles.
We expect a significant power saving over the conventional Si power devices and consequently an overall energy efficiency.
As the power device switching speed is significantly higher, the passive components like transformers, inductors and capacitors shrink. This results in cheaper and more compact power systems.
However, todays’ technology is based on off-the-shelf discrete components such as packaged power devices or bare dies. To exploit the full potential of the technology, we need monolithic co-integration of several power switches and rectifiers, as well as the GaN driver. To realize this, the GaN technology should be ported to special substrates like GaN-on-SOI or GaN-on-AlN, combined with deep trench isolation.
We are looking for a process integration engineer who works with our team of engineers and researchers to realize the development of the GaN-IC or monolithic integration various components.
We need your involvement to:
- Define an integrated process flow
- Re-optimize the performance and reliability of the various components
- Set up the process and design kit for the design of the GaN-IC.
What we do for you
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you can get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We can provide you an opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution and the one of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide relocation support for you and your family (temporary housing, international school, partner job coaching, assistance with filing your taxes,...)
Who you are
- You have a Master or PhD degree in electronics or electrical engineering or equivalent. Your experience in semiconductor industry or as a post-doc is a plus.
- We appreciate your understanding of TCAD and basic principles of physical analysis such as SIMS, AFM and TEM,
- We value your knowhow on Si power electronics
- We are looking for your basic knowledge in electrical characterization (semiconductor parameter analyser, capacitance measurements, pulsed IV, ....) and your up-to-date knowledge in the field of GaN power electronics.
- We need your excellent technical writing and presentation skills.
- You enjoy taking the lead and showing ownership and you like to interact with customers for reporting and technical discussions.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must