Process Integration Engineer System On Chip
What you will do
You will join imec’s Sensor Components Process Integration (SCPI) group as a process integration engineer. You will develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms. You will be responsible for component topology in collaboration with the design team, process flow implementation, process module development and optical and electrical characterization. Next to this, you will be involved in technology qualification, developments and transfers of existing silicon technologies to a mass manufacturing foundry partner.
Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Realize and characterize new process ideas/concepts on wafers.
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes.
- Coordinate process unit and process module development.
- Design statistical experiments and analyse in line / end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions.
- Interpret electrical/optical characterization and reliability data.
What we do for you
We are pleased to offer you the opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you can get a challenging job in an environment were even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We can provide you an opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth. We are aware that your valuable contribution and the one of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide relocation support for you and your family (temporary housing, international school, partner job coaching, assistance with filing your taxes,...)
Who you are
- You have a Master degree with process integration experience or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or a related technical field.
- We value your experience in semiconductor process technology and process flow integration in an R&D context.
- We need your good understanding of non-CMOS technologies, such as MEMS, sensors, photonics, 3D or microfluidics.
- We are looking for your excellent communication and reporting skills as you will be required to interact with both internal and external customers.
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- We appreciate your problem-solving skills and your pro-active and hands-on attitude. Achieving project goals is what drives you.
- You have good organizational skills and show flexibility according to changing priorities.
- Given the multicultural team you will work in, good knowledge of English is a must.