Process Integration Engineer
What you will do
You will be working in imec’s Sensor Components Process Integration (SCPI) group as process integration engineer. Here, you will develop and implement novel process flows on 200 and 300 mm wafer fabrication platforms in non-CMOS technologies, such as photonics, MEMS, sensors, 3D or microfluidics.
- Execute process experiments to develop new process steps, modules, follow up lots to achieve functional prototypes
- Coordinate process unit and process module development
- Analyse in line and end of line metrology and characterization data to select optimal process steps and conditions
- Make the link between process conditions and performance of the fabricated chips
- Work according to agreed timelines and report on progress internally/external customers
- Work efficiently in a multidisciplinary environment with engineers and scientists focusing on design, systems and applications aspects.
- Manage time effectively and prioritize to achieve major milestones
- Communicate and interact effectively with the other groups within imec, eg. application groups and fab operations
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s with process integration experience or a PhD degree in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Materials Engineering or a related technical field
- You have experience in semiconductor process technology and process flow integration
- We are looking for your good understanding of / experience in non-CMOS technologies, such as photonics, MEMS, sensors, 3D or microfluidics
- We value your excellent communication and reporting skills as you will be required to interface with internal and external customers
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team
- We are looking for your problem solving skills and pro- active attitude
- You show a hands- on approach with excellent engineering skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals
- You show perseverance and assertive communication skills, while keeping a constructive attitude
- You have good organizational skills and show flexibility to change between different projects and tasks according to changing priorities
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and co-workers from all over the world, fluency in English is essential