Process Assistant Chemical Mechanical Polishing
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Process Assistant Chemical Mechanical Polishing.
Chemical Mechanical Polishing (CMP) is an enabling technology for the microelectronics industry. CMP uses a chemical formulation that contains abrasive nanoparticles to mechanically polish the wafer to remove unwanted material and planarize its surface. The aim of this position is to strengthen the R&D activities on CMP in advanced Logic, advanced Memory and advanced 3D-stacked IC technologies.
You are member of the Electroplating, CMP, Assembly & Thinning group (ECAT) at imec, that is responsible for developing processes for integration in imec’ s CORE and CMORE programs. You work in a team of about 30 people (four of them working on CMP) with whom you interact on a daily basis.
As a CMP Process Assistant, you will contribute to the R&D activities on the CMP of metals and dielectrics, post-CMP characterization, and validation of the obtained results with state-of-the-art equipment.
More specifically, your tasks include:
- Planning, organizing, performing and first-line reporting on CMP experiments in imec’s clean rooms and labs;
- Planning, organizing, performing and first-line reporting on post-CMP characterization;
- Interfacing with CMP engineers, fab process support and the pilot line;
- Interfacing with assignees of imec partner companies to carry out experiments in joint development projects
You will be coached on-the-job by CMP R&D engineers, the CMP technical team leader and your group leader.
You will work in a shift regime such as alternating early/late/weekend/night shift, or alternating earl/late/weekend shift.
- You have a Bachelor degree, or equivalent by experience. Proven experience in the field of CMP is an asset but not mandatory.
- You will require a strong capability to work independently with a focus on quality.
- You will actively participate in a range of CMP development projects.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multicultural team of imec researchers, imec support engineers and operators, and industrial researchers;
- You are a team player with good networking skills. You also possess good reporting skills.
- Since your job consists of a variety of activities, depending on the needs of the imec research programs, a flexible attitude towards your tasks is required;
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!