Process Step Engineer for Electrodeposition
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Process Step Engineer for Electrodeposition.
You are member of the Electroplating, CMP, Assembly & Thinning group (ECAT) at imec, that is responsible for developing processes for integration in imec’s CORE and CMORE programs. You work in a team of about 30 people (nine of them working on plating and/or electroless deposition) with whom you interact on a daily basis.
As an R&D engineer, you will be active in various R&D programs, you will contribute to the R&D activities on the deposition of metals and metal alloys, physico-chemical and electrical characterization, and validation of the obtained results with state-of-the-art equipment.
- Designing, carrying out and analyzing experiments;
- Set up, perform and report on a range of chemical analyses;
- Active contribution to the research programs (e.g. Nano-interconnect and 3D programs) and joint development programs with external partners
- Interfacing with integration engineers and researchers to identify the future needs and trends
- Assessment of advanced deposition techniques/equipment through demos in close collaboration with equipment and material vendors
- Coordination and implementation of the non-standard work in IMEC’s fab organization together with fab process engineers and the pilot line.
- Start-up of new deposition equipment
- Reporting about your work to internal and external partners.
- You will be coached on-the-job by senior R&D engineers, the plating technical team leader and your group leader.
- You have a Master’s degree in Chemistry, Materials Science or Engineering, or equivalent by experience. Proven experience in the field of electrochemistry is an asset but not mandatory.
- You will require project management skills and a strong capability to work independently with a focus on quality for your deliverables.
- You will actively participate in cross-functional teams, utilizing scientific and engineering skills to enhance the team capability.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers;
- You are a team player with good networking skills. You also possess good reporting skills.
- Since your job consists of a variety of activities, depending on the needs of the imec research programs, a flexible attitude towards your tasks is required;
- Given the international character of imec, good knowledge of (spoken and written) English is a must.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!