Program Director Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence Program
Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning and Data Analysis are clearly the main drivers of the current fourth industrial revolution. It is strongly impacting both individuals as well as companies in fields as diverse as health care, mobility, entertainment, energy, social interactions, environment, etc. Imec today has more than 450 researchers either developing ultra-low power computer architectures for executing demanding machine learning algorithms at the edge based on novel process technologies or applying artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analysis techniques in all above listed fields. Examples are:
- Real world data analysis for clinical evidence based personalized medicine
- Smart grid stabilization
- DNA sequencing quality improvement
- Sensor fusion and multi-sensor cooperation for assisted and autonomous driving as well as surveillance, cooperative AGVs and drones, dynamic and highly-localized air quality monitoring and prediction, augmented reality, behavioral change
- Fast inline CT scanning for industrial quality assurance,
- Chemical compound selection for drug discovery
- Adaptive learning for personalized education
- Next generation internet, and many more.
Lots of attention is being paid to ethics, privacy-by-design and explainability. These activities take place at imec’s headquarters in Leuven but also in Ghent, Antwerp, Brussels, Kortrijk and Eindhoven.
What you will do
- You will coordinate all imec activities that use artificial intelligence, machine learning and data analysis techniques.
- You will develop, as owner and end responsible, a strategy, roadmap and customer offering for artificial intelligence, making optimal use of the uniqueness of imec, by e.g. combining process technology, compute architecture, application, privacy and ethical knowledge.
- You will build-up an eco-system of industrial players, non-profit stakeholders and governments around artificial intelligence from hardware to software, application, policy and regulation.
- You will radiate imec’s artificial intelligence proficiency at conferences, seminars and other events to guarantee that imec is recognized as an AI powerhouse.
- You coordinate the strategic basic research activities in collaboration with all stakeholders: universities, strategic research centers, industry and government.
- You will develop a strategy, roadmap and implementation plan for low power AI in concertation with all Flemish universities and strategic research centers, lined up with future business needs of the Flemish industry and market. This should focus on identified and recognized research excellence at the Flemish research partners. It should enable Flemish industry to develop clear worldwide leadership in selected application fields and products. You plan the industrial uptake of the mature research results.
- You report to the vice-president Digital and User Centric Solutions.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You are a team player, diplomatic, network builder.
- You are passionate about new technologies and at the same time focused towards impacting industry.
- You have a broad technical understanding of machine learning and artificial intelligence techniques, data preparation and data analysis. You know how to apply these techniques in industrial applications for smart health, mobility, infotainment, industry, education, connectivity, …
- Your technical knowledge goes deep enough to quickly spot opportunities for multi-disciplinary offerings combining AI with applications, process technology, computer architectures, …