Program Manager – Devices for Neuroscience Research
What you will do
- Manage large scale projects in technology development for neuroscience tools with complex interdependencies among multiple electronic, bio-medical and semiconductor sub-systems.
- Define, manage and drive execution of project timelines.
- Manage interdependencies between teams; continually assess critical path; proactively anticipate risks and bottlenecks.
- Manage project budget and resource allocation.
- Perform risk assessments including technical, budget and schedule risks and drive decision making based on these evaluations.
- Work with technical owners to review multiple solution pathways for technical problems and formulate recommendations for customers and management.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules.
- Quickly adapt to new project requirements and effectively manage change requests.
- Work closely with an interdisciplinary team of engineers and biologists.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have an MSc or PhD degree in engineering, physics, applied physics, materials science, applied chemistry or other equivalent technical discipline with at least 5 years experience in the technical management of R&D projects. A candidate with experience in devices for neuroscience or complex systems for life sciences is preferred. Product development experience is a plus.
- Specific experience in the design, test or characterization of ASIC’s, high speed system electronics, custom chip development and/or integrated microsystems is preferred.
- The successful candidate should have already demonstrated a track record in defining, planning, and executing complex R&D projects involving multi-disciplinary teams and aggressive milestones.
- It is essential that you are a self-driven person with excellent analytical skills and a personal drive to achieve project goals.
- Strong ability to evaluate technical risk and drive decision-making.
- Experience in managing budgets and resources according to project needs.
- Excellent communication skills for reporting externally towards customers and internally towards management.
- You have a strong desire to learn and expand your skill set.
- You have experience in building mature prototypes for use by a broad customer base.
- You are a team player and are able to motivate a team to achieve aggressive goals.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.