Program Manager Precision Agriculture & Food – OnePlanet Research Center
Innovating towards a healthier future with chip and digital technology in food and health.
In 2050 we are expected to live with 10 billion people on this planet. To let all those people live and eat well, while they take care of our planet, we need groundbreaking, sustainable (technology) solutions. That’s why we, at OnePlanet Research Center, are questioning ourselves:
What if we can measure and understand what
is good for the world and for each individual person? In terms of food and
agriculture, in terms of health?
What if we can empower people towards more sustainable choices?
What if we can make data-driven nutrition and health possible?
What if we can manage stress to make people more resilient?
What if we can monitor the health of plants and animals?
What if we develop technology which does not adversely affect our environment, but which supports it?
What if we can transform mass production of food into personalized food on demand?
What if …?
At OnePlanet Research Center we don’t just imagine it. We work on it. We dream ánd do. We research and develop digital technology in food, agriculture and health domains achieving behavior change. Change that is needed to create a healthier future, for our planet and for humanity.
OnePlanet Research Center
Innovation center for chip and digital technology in food and health
OnePlanet Research Center is a multidisciplinary
collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec.
We use the latest chip and digital technology to create a society in which
everyone can live a healthy life and has access to good and sufficient food.
We initiate groundbreaking, fundamental and applied research, groundbreaking innovations and smart product development. This is only possible by using and bringing together great ideas, innovations and chip and digital technologies from different disciplines and work closely together with industry.
We ensure that companies, education, researchers, social institutions and citizens work together. We combine specialisms from the fields of agriculture, food and health and turn dreams into feasible solutions that contribute to a more sustainable society.
What you will do
We need you as a Program Manager Precision Agriculture & Food to be part of our interdisciplinary team. Your work is at the crossroads of research and business development. You will be responsible for the Precision agriculture program together with your colleague Program Manager. The aim of the program is to develop economically viable chip and digital innovations that support the transition to a sustainable, circular and healthy food system. Your focus will be on future technologies for greenhouses and vertical farms; for food production in open fields; for monitoring animal health & wellbeing; for measuring and monitoring food safety and food quality. Your team will work on new sensor innovations, in combination with data-intelligence (AI) to lead to the next generation precision agriculture applications, all validated in field-labs. Collaboration with industry partners is essential for successful introduction of these digital technologies of the future. In this role, you implement OnePlanet’s vision for the future, define the required R&D innovations, and guide the Project Leaders in achieving the objectives. You are also responsible for monitoring the timing and progress of the program. You are inspiring the team and you energize customers and prospects with your vision. Whereas imec has already built up a track record in many different areas, there are a great deal of untapped opportunities in precision Agriculture and Food, it is your challenge to broaden imec’s activities in these areas to reach the highest potential. Based on inputs from university partners (WUR and Radboud), business development and from customer discussions you synthesize a shared vision and translate that into a clear R&D roadmap and value proposition for OnePlanet’s customers. Together with your colleague Program Manager, the Business Development Manager and the Program Director, you are responsible to secure income for this program.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build upon the vision and roadmap for the OnePlanet Precision Agriculture program by intake of feedback from scientists, industry and understanding of future markets.
- Formulate product development vision, roadmap and strategy for Precision Agriculture.
- Continuously benchmark the program with respect to the international state of the art.
- Work with top engineers and scientists to develop new products and technologies in imec/OnePlanet’s prototyping labs and validate those in field labs.
- Work with business teams to grow program revenues, monetize developed IP and secure funding for new developments. Explain innovation to prospective customers, and support Business Development in creating and negotiating project proposals.
- Manage the project portfolio and follow up on the program workplan. Systematically capture feedback from industry partners.
- Lead projects with cross-functional teams in different locations and international customers. Ensure timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction.
- Initiate and coordinate public funded projects to fuel longer term innovation.
- Market your products and technologies: write press announcements, present at conferences, showcase prototypes and demonstrators in exhibitions
What we do for you
We offer a challenging and international environment at the forefront of technology, in an international network of renowned industrial customers. This is your opportunity to bring new technologies to the market that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
Research Center is multidisciplinary collaboration agreement between Wageningen
University & Research (WUR), Radboud
University, Radboudumc and imec.
Imec The Netherlands, as an employer of choice, offers you an attractive
compensation and benefits package including a 100% employer paid pension plan
and flexible working hours. Furthermore, imec-NL offers a wide range of
At the same time OnePlanet is a new collaboration of 3 renowned and globally respected research institutes/universities. By joining the OnePlanet team, you will be part of a team of world changers; disruptive innovators and practical thinkers. Here, your ideas will have an impact on our future lives.
Who you are
You have a broad view on the Precision Agriculture & Food domain. You have a good technical understanding of innovations in this domain. You have solid experience in planning and executing R&D projects. You have relevant experience in roadmap definition. You are a solid planner, but you recognize that in reality, R&D projects requires flexibility in the execution of the plans. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers. You can convincingly present the program contents internally and externally.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Have a PhD degree (minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Agro Technology or comparable.
- You have about 10 years of relevant working experience (must) of which 5 years in the domain of Precision Agriculture (plus), preferably in an R&D management role in agro technology industry (plus).
- You demonstrate solid understanding of the corresponding challenges and technologies that face this industry (must).
- You are passionate about sustainable innovation and can come up with new product ideas.
- Have about 5 years of relevant project management experience. You are organized and you can structure a complex multi-partner project; Experience in acquiring public-funded projects is a plus.
- Have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- Have a relevant international network in companies, research institutes and/or academia.
- Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing your program revenues.
- Have an excellent command of the English language.
- Enjoy working in multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural teams.
InterestedAre you interested in this position and do you want to learn more about it, then you can talk to Frank Wolfs, Talent Acquisition Lead OnePlanet Research Center. You can reach Frank via +31(0)6-50837563. You can read more about us via www.oneplanetresearch.nl.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.