Program Manager Radar and Sensing
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Program Manager Radar and Sensing.
The radar team in Leuven enjoys a world-class reputation in building advanced communication and radar systems. We have a vertical approach: our expertise ranges from antenna, frontend and baseband design to algorithms and system integration. We help our industrial partners shorten their time to market and strengthen their product offering with our innovative system, architecture and IC design solutions.
As program manager you will have a three-fold role: technical roadmap definition, project management and business development. For technical roadmap definition, you will attend external technical events and meetings, report back to the team and develop a common roadmap with our experts. For project management, you will define the key milestones and deliverables for an industry-relevant offering and drive the team towards timely delivery within budget. For business development, you will work with the business development manager and public funded project manager to maintain a clear offering and continuously scout for new partners ensuring a solid future revenue stream. You will report internally to the program director and externally to our partners.
Your responsibilities are:
- Driving the strategy and roadmap definition of your programs;
- Transforming the strategic plan into operational plans including staffing and budgeting;
- Operational management, following up on projects ensuring timely deliveries within budget with high quality standards to guarantee partner satisfaction;
- Reporting to the industrial partners and translating their vision to the internal organization, building and maintaining a strong relation with the partners;
- Systematically capturing, reporting and acting on partner feedback;
- Supporting the business development manager and public funding manager in the creation of business propositions & project proposals;
- Collecting, organizing and distributing technical inputs from partner interactions, conferences and literature; continuously benchmarking the program;
- Achieving quantitative revenue & budget targets.
You have relevant experience in at least two aspects of the job (technical radar roadmap, project management, business development) and you are eager to complete your expertise on the job. You either already have the required technical expertise or the clear ambition of acquiring it on the job, to the level that you can independently represent the program internally and externally. You are a solid planner, but you recognize that reality requires flexibility in the execution of the plans. You are motivated by deep and frequent contacts with current and future customers, in order to develop a deep understanding of their needs and the value your team should bring.
To qualify for this challenging position, you:
- Are passionate about innovation;
- Have a technical background in one or more key fields (RF/analog IC design, radar system design, mmWave design, automotive design);
- Have about 10 years of relevant industrial or advanced development experience;
- Have about 5 years of relevant project management experience;
- Have a strong plus if you have experience in a business (management) position where you demonstrated sales skills;
- Demonstrate a clear sense of ownership with a strong drive for growing you program;
- Have a plus if you demonstrate solid understanding of the (automotive) radar market;
- Have a relevant international network of companies, research institutes and/or academia;
- Have excellent communication skills in English;
- Enjoy working in a multi-disciplinary and cross-cultural team;
- Are ready to travel approximately 5 times per year.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.