Program Manager Wearables
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Program Manager Wearables.
Your work is at the cross roads of research and business development. You will be responsible for an R&D program that creates innovative solutions for personal coaching, preventive health and behavioral technology which builds on imec circuit, system, algorithm and technology innovations. In this role, you implement imec’s vision for the future, define the required R&D innovations, and guide the Project Leaders in achieving the objectives. You are also responsible for monitoring the timing and progress of the program. You are inspiring the team and you energize customers and prospects with your vision. You are able to match client’s visions with imec offerings and innovations. Whereas imec has already built up a track record of patient monitoring innovations for chronic diseases, there are a great deal of untapped opportunities in preventive health and e-coaching. It is your challenge to broaden imec’s activities in these areas to reach the highest potential. This position is located at our Eindhoven office in the Netherlands.
- Based on inputs from business development, from customer discussions and from our principal scientists, you synthesize a shared vision and translate that into a clear R&D roadmap and value proposition for imec’s customers
- You work together with Project Leaders, System Architects and Technical Experts in order to translate the high-level roadmap into activities with clear milestones.
- Together with the Business Development Manager and the Program Director, you are responsible to secure income for this program.
- Create project proposals for collaboration and define the related value proposition to acquire new business partners.
- You report to the Senior Director Wearable Health. Besides you have communication lines to other Program Managers in imec and Holst Centre, to Directors as well as Business Development Managers in The Netherlands and Belgium and to the regional sales teams. As research Program Manager you interact directly with the line manager(s) of the expert teams.
- Scientific degree combined with 10 years of relevant Research & Management experience in consumer electronics or in the field of personal health and lifestyle.
- A strong international network in a relevant field (medical devices, electronics, health services, …)
- An inspirational communicator who is driven by a vision of future health.
- Experienced in managing highly skilled employees in an R&D environment.
- You walk the talk. You have a tremendous drive to make this program a huge success.
- You are excellent at dealing with changing priorities.
- Willingness to travel 15-20% of the time.
- Flexible team player, actively helps other team members.
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken)
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.