Project and Operations Manager Digital and User-Centric Solutions
What you will do
Imec develops software innovation solutions for advanced applications in several domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, entertainment, education and energy. These solutions make use of imec’s specialised competences in machine learning, data analytics, security, privacy, networking, image processing and representation. Often combined with hardware and process technology innovation as well as deep domain knowledge, a unique value proposition is obtained to help large and small, local and world-wide leading companies to develop their next products and service solutions.
As a Project and Operations Manager for the Digital and User-Centric Solutions Business Unit, you will:
- Organize efficient project and KPI tracking processes, build progress tracking dashboards and report on the BU progress on a regular basis.
- Setup and manage Microsoft SharePoint document repositories for knowledge capturing, archiving and dissemination.
- Prepare graphical and textual reporting for higher management bodies, including gathering the necessary data/statistics/information from the relevant centers of excellence & programs.
- Launch and execute operational excellence initiatives.
- Organize and coordinate (scientific) brainstorm sessions, calls for project proposals, portfolio and progress tracking reviews, etc.
- Prepare the necessary input for budget rounds and KPI target determination.
- Prepare together with the research teams the contributions to various internal and external imec events and demos.
In this role you will directly report to the vice president of the imec Digital and User-Centric Solutions Business Unit.
What we do for you
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree and a first working experience in project management. Knowledge about the Flemish research & innovation landscape and experience in working in a university context is definitely an asset, but no must.
- Your strong drive and operational acumen enable you to “get the things done”. Your passion for technology and innovation allows you to quickly grasp the essentials of technical discussions.
- You love to keep yourself abreast of the latest evolution of techniques and technologies in broad terms without being a specialist, allowing you to easily communicate with the scientists and to capture the essentials of technical discussions in minutes and reports.
- You easily build internal networks and your integrity and your no-nonsense solution-oriented mindset trigger your colleagues to qualitatively and timely provide the input you request.
- You can adequately judge problem situations and opportunities, recognize priorities and act accordingly in a flexible manner and you escalate at the right moment.
- You quickly master tools supporting business operations like ERP tools (e.g. SAP, Cornerstone), CRM tools, statistical analysis packages (e.g. SAS-BI, Excel), document management systems (e.g. Sharepoint), word processing programs (e.g. Word) and slide editors (e.g. Powerpoint, Keynote)
- You are fluent in English; active knowledge of Dutch is an asset.