Project Leader Driver Electronics for Augmented Reality Devices
Imec’s Large Area Electronics department is developing electronics on flexible plastic substrates for integration into tomorrow’s flexible displays, imagers and biomedical applications. These future products, think for instance of mobile displays for Augmented Reality, will require novel user interfaces for control and security as well as new low power driver electronics. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a senior researcher who will take responsibilities as project leader in projects with international customers. You will be a driver for the developments, and take the lead to translate application requirements into electronic systems and their design. Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of driver and user interface electronics for thin-film flexible displays and image sensors.
- Profound understanding of electronic systems, including modeling, simulation, and analytical evaluation of system performance.
- Understanding of application requirements and their translation to system specifications.
- Definition and coordination of projects with customers.
- Writing and coordination of public funded projects.
- Autonomous follow-up of projects with customers.
- Taking responsibility as project leader, interfacing with group members.
- You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges.
- You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a PhD degree (or minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering.
- You have extensive knowledge on system architecture design, analog and high speed digital hardware design, FPGA programming. Experience in integrated circuit design is a plus. You are experienced with system modeling, measurement, characterization.
- You have hands-on measurements experience in lab environment.
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- You respect agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to aggressive project schedules.
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
- You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
- The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.