Project Manager ASIC Design
What you will do
You will technically be responsible for the project activities of the design group. In addition to working closely with imec research teams in Belgium and the Netherlands and with our SME customers and partners, the group is fulfilling design service projects and creating and supporting imec’s own Design Against Radiation Effects (DARE) solutions in co-operation with the European Space Agency.
Your tasks will include:
- bring to the tram your project management experience and help to establish the efficient PM standards.
- plan and follow up the status of the complex ASIC design projects.
- be in direct contact with the service customers.
- support the business managers in the creation of the technical input for project proposals.
You have excellent project management skills.
What we do for you
Imec is not only one of the world's leading nanotechnology research organizations, but is also one of the most advanced and comprehensive design services partners. Imec's IC-link division has an extensive industrial experience that makes it a trusted partner to provide technical support in the areas of layout, prototyping, fabrication, and the testing of advanced electronic products. Imec IC-link’s full custom analog and library design team is supporting internal research groups and external customers with library design and analog implementation services and is developing radiation hardened IC building blocks for use in a.o. space missions and high-energy physics experiments.
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on ASIC design (digital or analog or both). You are enthusiastic for working in a service environment and contributing to a customer’s goals.
- The main requirement is ASIC project management experience: project and design flows, PM tools and procedures. This position requires also a good understanding of MOS technology as well as the analog/mixed-signal implementation flow; including digital design, schematic design, simulation and full custom layout.
- Knowledge on radiation effects on semiconductors and mitigation techniques is a great asset. Knowledge on library and/or memory design and characterization is also an asset. Knowledge on front-end and back-end implementation flows is also a big asset. We are looking for a self-motivated and creative leader to join an exciting and growing group.
- The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with competent communication and reporting skills. The day-to-day contact with people from all over the world makes fluency in English a necessity.