Quantum Computing Engineers
What you will do
The Quantum Computing initiative is launched by imec to address the upcoming technology challenges associated with the upcoming computing paradigm. The center of activities is located at the imec campus near Brussels and is expected to grow continuously over the next couple of years. The Quantum Computing initiative aims to create a collaborative environment to build the technology needed for a functional programable quantum computer. IMEC is using its 300mm cleanroom and semiconductor technology know-how to build platforms for qubits and qubit arrays. Drawing from our vast experience with circuit and CMOS device design, we are building the circuits to drive the qubits and connect them to the classical world, bringing control electronics to low temperature. We will co-optimize the qubit and the classical technology to build a scalable quantum computer.
The Quantum Computing initiative at imec is expanding and we looking for talented individuals with a variety of skills, ranging from device engineers to system designers, to address the system level view we have for this technologies. We have vacancies for:
- Qubit device engineers
- Qubit modelling and measurement engineers
- Low temperature characterization researchers
- RF circuit design and RF characterization at cryogenic temperatures researchers
- Quantum system architect
- 3D packaging for ultra-low temperature engineers
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
We are looking for you as innovative team worker with a PhD or master degree in Engineering or Science.
We are interested in working with different levels of experience ranging from principal scientists to R&D engineers with technical focus.
We value your expertise in one of the following areas:
- Qubit device engineering
- Qubit modelling and measurement
- Low temperature characterization
- RF circuit design and RF characterization at cryogenic temperatures
- Quantum system architecture
- 3D packaging for ultra-low temperature
We need your result-driven way of working and your eagerness to go for the extra mile.
We can’t miss your agility to adapt in a multicultural environment and your strong English communication skills.