Quantum Computing System Architect
What you will do
You will define the architectures of quantum machines of tomorrow, from the qubit, control and readout circuitry, all the way up to the software stack. More specifically, you will:
- explore the performance of (micro-)architecture, control and readout, qubit technologies.
- team up with various experts inside imec to co-design and architect the entire system from qubit to, in the end, software stack and applications.
- maintain and build links with Quantum Architects in universities or other research institutes.
- help drive imec’s architecture roadmap to build large-scale, high-performance quantum machines of tomorrow.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family.
Who you are
- We value your PhD in Electronics or Physics. Additional experience in computer architectures and quantum computing is a requirement.
- You have experience with Quantum computing software toolchain and simulation frameworks, from programming, compilation, and low level instruction scheduling.
- You have worked in multi-disciplinary teams, ideally both interacting with Quantum computing hardware designers as well as Quantum computing software teams.
- Experience with low temperature electronics and RF design is a strong plus.
- You are a communicative team player, also able to work independently.
- You have an excellent knowledge of English.
If you encounter problems to apply on this job you can send an email with your cv to firstname.lastname@example.org