Lab Assistant Life Science Technologies
What you will do
As a Lab assistant you conduct analytical, experimental research using existing and novel clinical diagnostic techniques (immuno-assays, PCR methods, surface chemistry, etc).
- work on a daily basis in the lab assisting in the execution of experiments;
- support experimental work under supervision or guidance of a principal scientific researcher or project team;
- optimize design of experiments, independently perform tests in the lab, and interpret results;
- construct, modify, calibrate, operate and maintain equipment used for performing your experimental work;
- collect , analyze and report scientific data leading to valid conclusions and keep abreast of cutting-edge methodologies in the assigned area of research
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further manage your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master degree in (bio)chemistry, bio-engineering or related.
- You enjoy working in a research lab and ideally you already have several years of experience in such setting.
- You are driven to work in a research environment and have a special interest in technology.
- You have proven experience in designing and optimizing PCR and immuno-assays .
- Experience in Lab-on-Chip biosensor devices, optical methods, and surface chemistry is considered an asset.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers.
- You are a team player.
- Given the international character of imec, excellent knowledge of English is a must.