R&D Engineer in Quantum Photonics Integrated Circuits
What you will do
- You will be the main imec technical contributor in the imec-NUS collaboration on Quantum Key Distribution and Quantum Random Number Generation with the team of Pr. Charles Lim at NUS. Together with his team and the teams at imec, you will develop concepts, design, implement and test QRNG and QKD devices and circuits.
- You will coordinate the technical work at imec and are in charge of the day to day communication between the teams at imec and NUS.
- You will characterize and drive the performance improvement of imec’s Silicon Photonics Platform for quantum communications applications.
What we do for you
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- As a quantum photonics specialist, you have a PhD in Electronics Engineering, preferably specializing in quantum photonics.
- We need your background in semiconductor devices physics and fabrication, preferably toward integrated optics.
- We are looking for your good understanding of quantum optics and quantum communication.
- We appreciate your practical knowledge and experience in photonics device and circuit design, simulation and implementation.
- You preferably know enough Python to drive your simulations and analyze data.
- You are a team player, organized and creative, with excellent English communication skills, able to work in a multicultural environment.