Researcher (EUV) Lithography and Imaging
What you will do
The Advanced Patterning Department is exploring, developing and optimizing advanced lithography/patterning solutions to enable the chip scaling roadmaps. One of the key technologies is EUV (extreme-ultraviolet) lithography. This is made possible by the most advanced equipment from imec’s strategic partner ASML through the Advanced Patterning Center. This APC is a joint initiative launched by imec and ASML. Together, we address the upcoming scaling challenges associated with the chip industry’s move towards single digit nanometer dimensions. Within this context, imec is looking for a Researcher (EUV) Lithography and Imaging.
You will be responsible for:
- Imaging exploration of advanced (EUV) lithography this includes
- Doing experiments in the imec 300mm cleanroom, using the most advanced EUV lithography equipment
- Defining and performing metrology on high-resolution electron microscopes (CD-SEM)
- Data analysis, and interpretation of results
- Interpretation of the findings from experiments using lithography simulation engines
- Knowledge transfer to the different partners and colleagues, through regular reporting and presenting of the main results
- Keeping up-dated on all recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature, interacting with you colleagues. Also, you will have access to the other imec development work in the field of EUV lithography.
- Projects in the area of lithography imaging exploration.
What we do for you
- We will train you at the start of your job. We teach you how to work with the advanced equipment in the 300mm cleanroom and modeling software packages.
- We offer you the opportunity to join our multicultural and high-tech company in Leuven, Belgium. You will become part of an international team of lithography experts. In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you can get a challenging job on a permanent basis. This in an environment where even more challenges are for the taking. We are proud of our flexible, progressive and informal working environment with a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We can provide you an opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions.
- Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in your further development to assure your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your and your colleagues’ valuable contribution make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits (hospitalization insurance, private pension plan, 32 days off per year,...). If needed, we also provide international relocation support for you and your family (temporary housing, international school, partner job coaching, assistance with filing your taxes,...)
Who you are
- We prefer a profile who is holding a PhD or master’s degree in Physics, (Nano)Engineering, or Chemistry.
- We value a few years of experience with
- doing experiments with complex experimental optical setups or scientific instruments
- modeling using advanced computer software
- advanced (193nm or EUV) lithography (beneficial, but not mandatory)
- It would be great if this resulted in 2 or more publications in a refereed journal with you as first author.
- We need your analytic skills and experience with mathematical packages for processing complex datasets (such as Matlab).
- We think it is important that you can work in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
- We appreciate your constructive way of working in a team and your will to share your experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.