R&D Engineer Transition metal dichalchogenide Deposition and Material Specialist
What you will do
For several decades, semiconductor technology has been largely driven by dimensional silicon device scaling. In addition to the scaling, nanotechnologies activities are now also driven by new applications like internet of things, artificial intelligence, quantum computing and health care. Both the physical limitation of silicon for ultimate devices and these new applications force to investigate alternative materials for device channels. In this perspective, novel two-dimensional materials, and especially semi-conducting transition metal dichalcogenides offer advanced functionality in complex and ultra-scaled integrated systems. In view of their compelling electronic, magnetic and optical properties for a monolayer form, imec explores their integration for various applications and systems, in particular for low-power and high-performance CMOS technologies.
The Thin Films group of imec is looking for a self-motivated professional with 2D growth and material background, who can work in a cross-functional team of people dedicated to 2D growth and material developments.
- You will help to steer our 2D material search in the right direction and shortlist material options based on your personal experience and literature reports.
- You will combine direct hands on processing of such material on Imec’s advanced industrial 300mm tool set with a project-like way of working.
- You will work closely together with the other R&D process, integration and device groups to enable the next generation channel materials needed to handle, store and transmit information.
- As a project owner, you will ensure the timely execution of research and development project.
- In the medium term, you will build-up a close relationship with equipment suppliers to keep up to date of novel technologies related to the deposition and characterization of 2D materials.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in Chemistry, Physics, Materials Science or Engineering in a topic related to 2D growth.
- You have a first professional experience on the 2D material development.
- You will run 2D growth materials related projects.
- You work according to a well-structured methodology and can define clear goals.
- You are team-oriented person.
- You have a creative mind.
- You have high standards and strive to deliver quality.
- You are used to work with deadlines and can handle stress.
- You have excellent reporting skills and can present results clearly and concisely.
- In view of the international environment, good English communication skills are required.