R&D Manager for Connectivity and Cognitive Sensing
What you will do
The Connectivity and Cognitive Sensing team focusses on IOT solutions, amongst others 5G and beyond mmWave circuits, high-speed ADCs, radars and their algorithms and machine learning for extreme edge applications.
As our new Research and Development manager, you are the catalyst of R&D excellence in our team across system, digital and analog competence domains. Your #1 KPI will be pushing our award-winning, industry-defining R&D team to the next level in delivering disruptive IOT solutions. In this job, your main responsibilities will be:
- You have a strong scientific background and ability to take scientific concepts and crystalize them in presentations and papers. You plan, coordinate, collate and review the work of assigned staff; you assign work activities and coordinate schedules, projects, and programs; you provide constructive feedback; you review and evaluate work and make effective suggestions and recommendations. You act as an interface and respond/delegate work to the respective owners.
- You will also guide team members in day-to-day activities and be responsible for creating a dynamic and creative work environment. You enjoy brainstorming with the team about new ideas and realizing them.
- You lead efforts for simplifications of projects and ways of working across topics and across the site, interfacing with the other R&D managers.
- You will be responsible for defining the R&D budget together with the directors and have the overall responsibility for the R&D budget distribution between projects.
- You are accountable for project execution and reporting, including but not limited to delivery on time, on budget, and on quality
- You team up with program leadership and DMTSs to develop and prioritize plans to achieve the IOT vision and strategy, addresses issues and obstacles that impede progress toward achieving goals
- You draft & manage the agenda for Management Team staff meetings, following up on the same with Minutes/Action Items
- You partner with the directors in preparing reports, presentations and/or papers to present to higher management as required
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or MSc in Electrical engineering, physics or related. Experience in analog/digital circuit design, system engineering or algorithms is a plus.
- You have at least 5-year work experience in the semiconductor-related industries with preferably more than 2 years in a management role. You have successfully motivated, managed and driven a team.
- You understand the principles and practices of program development, program and project administration and management, including basics of procurement and contract management
- You are able to build complex cross-group/department plans, drive, track and report execution progress
- You have a desire to manage larger and complex operations programs and projects
- You enjoy working cooperatively with other departments and key stakeholders internally and externally
- You have strong relationship building skills and are able to influence internal and external stakeholders
- You have and understand the value of strong communication skills, verbal and written, including presentation skills
- You can interpret and administer policies and procedures sufficient to administer, discuss, resolve, and explain them to staff and other constituencies
- You master techniques to work effectively under pressure, meet deadlines, and adjust to changing priorities
- You have experience with technical problem-solving and the ability to multitask.
- You have experience working with internal and external customers including leading edge semiconductor companies.
- You have self-drive and are willing to take ownership.
- You have outstanding English communication skills to work successfully in an international dynamic team environment.