R&D Engineer Metrology
What you will do
- Develop metrology solutions on advanced imec processes. This can involve the definition of best practices to be deployed to all users as well the invention of innovative methods to solve new challenges.
- Work in the cleanroom on advanced metrology and inspection tools, analyze the generated data and report the conclusions internally and externally (project reviews, workshops, conferences).
- Apply metrology solutions to control imec processes and to characterize process budgets of advanced technology nodes.
- Work closely with imec patterning, design, integration and metrology teams in order to address challenging metrology needs.
- Guide the technical direction of work package(s) within Joint Development Programs (JDPs) with imec tool supplier(s) in the field of defectivity, e-beam metrology and inspection.
- Be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, timelines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of the project(s) you are responsible for.
What we do for you
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Applied Sciences, Material Engineering or Electronics and at least 2 years of experience (preferably in the semiconductor industry)
- You have a strong background and hands-on experience in one or several inline metrology techniques (CD-SEM, defect inspection, scatterometry)
- You have a good understanding of patterning and integration schemes and process steps such as lithography and etch for advanced technology nodes
- You like to go for the extra mile
- You can work in complex environments with various partners and customers
- You are flexible and can deal with change
- You like hands-on work in the cleanroom
- You have excellent presentation skills and English communication skills