R&D Project Leader Advanced Metrology
What you will do
The imec Supplier Hub, located at the imec campus in Leuven (near Brussels), is an initiative involving many leading edge semiconductor equipment suppliers and aims at creating a collaborative environment to investigate the practical interactions between all the different steps in the chip patterning process. The Advanced Patterning Center (APC), a joint initiative launched by imec and ASML to address the upcoming scaling challenges associated with the chip industry’s, and Supplier Hub will use actual devices to analyze and optimize process steps as well as materials and device architecture choices, while applying integrated metrology. For the APC and Supplier Hub we are looking for a project leader optical metrology (m/f).
As a you will:
- Guide the technical direction (part) of Joint Development Programs (JDPs) with tool supplier(s) (CD-SEM, scatterometry and/or lithography)
- Develop metrology solutions on advanced imec processes
- Apply metrology solutions to control processes and to characterize process budgets of advanced technology nodes
- Support and coach junior engineer(s)/researcher(s) in advanced metrology development
- Work closely with imec process, design, integration and metrology teams in order to address challenging metrology needs
- Be responsible for the proper definition of milestones, time lines, resources, and ensure the timely execution of the project(s) you are responsible for
- Report results internally and externally (project reviews, workshops, conferences)
What we do for you
We offer you a challenging position in a dynamic and explorative environment, in an international team. This is your opportunity to contribute to technologies that will have an impact on tomorrow’s society.
We offer you an attractive salary added with competitive extra-legal benefits such as an interesting life insurance, hospitalization insurance and long-term disability insurance. Imec takes on the full cost of these insurances.
On top of that you receive meal vouchers for each working day. Furthermore, imec offers various training possibilities and social services, such as a company restaurant, ironing service, the possibility of day care nearby, holiday daycare and discounts in different sport clubs and shops. To decrease our ecological footprint 100% of the transport by train is reimbursed by imec.
Who you are
- Combining a Master degree or a PhD in Applied Sciences, Material Engineering or Electronics with at least 5 years of experience (preferably from the industry)
- You have a strong background with hands-on experience in one or several CD metrology techniques (CD-SEM, CD-AFM, scatterometry)
- You have a good understanding in the integration schemes and process steps such as etch and deposition for the advanced technology nodes
- You are able to work in complex environments with various partners and customers
- You are flexible and able to deal with change
- Hands-on work in the clean-room doesn’t frighten you.
- Excellent English communication and presentation skills are a necessity.