R&D Project Leader Solar Modules
What you will do
- You take the responsibility of our R&D on perovskite-based solar modules.
- You coordinate the activities of the team to realize the deliverables. Both better understanding of device operation mechanisms as well as upscaling the process are your priorities.
- Also, you will motivate and encourage your team members. You facilitate and support them in achieving the targets.
- You define and work out new research project proposals in line with the imec energy strategy.
What we do for you
You will work in the newly installed imec facilities in Energyville, Genk. These facilities allow processing and characterization of perovskite-based small area (~1cm²) solar cells and large area (30x30 cm²) modules. In the emerging field of perovskite-based photovoltaics we have acquired in just a few years’ time a well renowned position with world record module performance. We have a highly skilled and diverse team of PhD students, process engineers and scientists working on device operation mechanisms as well as upscaling the process. We have a strong and ongoing collaboration with other research institutes and industrial partners within the Solliance association.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree in electrical engineering or semiconductor physics. You have experience with perovskites for photovoltaic applications. Additionally, you have a track record in thin-film photovoltaic materials or device characterization.
- Your enthusiastic nature helps you to take up responsibility. You have a flexible attitude and have proven to be a fast learner. You have sense of urgency and you keep priorities in mind.
- You have strong analytical skills and you enjoy a high level of autonomy in your work.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team within global context sounds exciting to you. You have strong communication, organizational and reporting skills. Fluent English communication skills are required.