R&D Scientist Life Science Technologies
What you will do
We are looking for an R&D Scientist with a strong scientific background in molecular biology to develop and transfer assays to new, miniaturized, nanotechnology platforms. You are an outstanding experimentalist who is eager to define and execute our different research projects together with our engineers and chemists.
- Define, analyze and interpret biological experiments accurately;
- Coach other scientists towards successful experiments for biologically relevant research;
- Coordinate (parts of) research projects;
- Work in imec’s life science laboratories on a daily basis;
- Work on technical and experimental set-ups together with engineers.
What we do for you
- In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility.
- This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions.
- Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth.
Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD degree (or equivalent by experience) in molecular biology, bioengineering, biochemistry or a related field.
- You are driven to work in a research environment.
- You have a keen interest in technology.
- You have hands-on experience in standard molecular biology techniques.
- Proven experience in designing and optimizing qPCR assays is a must.
- You have in-depth knowledge of nucleic acid purification methods.
- Experience in using Lab-on-Chip biosensor devices and optical analysis methods is considered an asset.
- Prior industrial experience in the field of human diagnostics is a plus.
- You are a team player.
- You are fluent in English and have excellent communication skills.