Reliability Engineer for Si Photonics
What you will do
IMEC designs and processes a large variety of innovative devices and systems, being electrical, electro-mechanical, optical, fluidic and bio-devices. Your main focus will be in testing the reliability of integrated silicon photonics optical devices. This requires good electrical and optical test skills and a good insight in the reliability concerns of these devices.
More in particular you will
- plan, execute and report reliability tests of Si Photonics devices produced in imec’s facilities. You do this together with our operators,
- optimize the reliability test routines in function of the tested devices.
- develop routines for automatic data generation and analysis. You do this together with our software experts.
- look for solutions to enhance the reliability performance when reliability problems are detected in a device/process. You work together with device and integration experts.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further manage your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We value your master/PhD degree in engineering or a master/PhD in science or related field.
- We see your knowledge of Si Photonics & reliability as an asset.
- We like your eagerness to do hands-on work in the reliability labs to assure test continuity.
- We need your organizational skills because of the high number of different tests that need to run in parallel.
- You have good communication skills since you will work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural team of imec researchers, PhD students and industrial researchers.
- You are a team player with good networking and reporting skills.
- Given the international character of imec, we see your excellent knowledge of English as a must.