Researcher materials characterization
What you will do
- The ion beam analysis team provides imec-wide support in materials characterization by means of high-energy ion beams using Rutherford backscattering spectrometry (RBS), elastic recoil detection (ERD) analysis and particle-induce X-ray emission spectrometry (PIXE). You will conduct research and drive innovative projects to bring all aspects of ion beam analysis (experimental, data analysis and data interpretation) to a higher level.
- You investigate methods to achieve a better accuracy, mass- and depth resolution, depth sensitivity, and you develop methods to characterize low-dimensional nanostructures (e.g. FinFETS).
- You mentor Master internship students and PhD students. You document best practices and provide training to the team members.
- You publish in international journals and contribute to major conferences and generate patents. You contribute to the creation of a long-term vision and strategy for the group.
- You contribute and oversee the execution, interpretation, and reporting of ion beam analyses, and you advise internal and external customers.
- You contribute to deliverables of funded research projects and programs.
What we do for you
Who you are
- You have a PhD in Physics or Materials Engineering or equivalent through experience.
- You have very strong analytical skills and are intellectually creative.
- You are a passionate researcher.
- Experience in metrology techniques, both experimental and theoretical, is much valued.
- Hands-on skills and limited software development skills are an asset