New Product Introduction (NPI) Expert Electronics
What you will do
- You develop, lead or participate in the development of science based design-, qualification- and industrialization methods, guidelines and tools for electronic assemblies (PBA).
- You will provide consultancy and support to our customers specifically related to NPI.
- You will train our customers in the use of our methods, guidelines and tools.
- You will present the EA and cEDM activities at work meetings, seminars, conferences and in publications.
- You may take on task-, work package-, project leader assignments of our consultancy or funded projects based on expertise and competence.
- You will continuously develop your expertise.
What we do for you
The imec.link unit of imec supports companies and academia worldwide with electronics design and manufacturing services spanning the complete value chain from IC design and manufacturing to electronic assembly design, manufacturing and system integration to application development and user experience. The Electronic Assembly (EA) group supports industry and academia with the development of Printed Board Assemblies through its Center of Electronics Design and Manufacturing network and activities (www.cedm.be). EA also supports imec research and start-ups in domains like life sciences and healthcare, imagers, smart (energy) systems, flexible electronics, etc., with modeling and reliability R&D, prototyping and industrialization.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Engineering with a sound science and mathematics affinity and proficiency. “Nothing as practical as a good theory” is something that makes sense to you.
- You are an experienced qualification, industrialization, reliability, quality or generic NPI engineer/project leader for electronic assemblies (PBA) and modules.
- You have knowledge and experience with one or more of the following methodologies: Design-for-eXcellence (manufacturing, reliability, et al.), process modeling, thermo-mechanical simulation, failure analysis, FMEA, qualification and accelerated testing, reliability engineering, NPI engineering.
- You have experience in writing and implementing industrial procedures and checklists.
- You are familiar with the state-of-the-art industry practice in the electronic supply chain including the applied standards (for the sector(s) you worked in).
- You are fluent in English and Dutch, written and oral.