Researcher Quantum NMR
What you will do
In this job you will be part of a dynamic quantum team working on the development of solid state qubit NMR detection using NV centers in diamond. You will work on the quantum chip technology and quantum readout protocols enabling to read nuclear spins associated with target molecules. The work is carried on advanced confocal quantum setups and it is part of an international project.
As a Researcher Quantum NMR, your tasks will be:
- Design, development and technological processing of a quantum NMR chip based on diamond crystals.
- Development of the methodology for the readout of nuclear spins using electron NV spin probes.
What we do for you
The Institute for Materials Research in MicroElectronics (IMOMEC) is an associated laboratory of imec located on the campus of the University of Hasselt in Diepenbeek, Limburg, Belgium. IMOMEC has an integrated and intensive collaboration with the Institute for Materials Research (IMO). While most of the more fundamental research is carried out at IMO, the largest part of applied research and projects in collaboration with industry are concentrated within IMOMEC. The joint activities of IMO-IMOMEC concentrate on wide band gap materials, organic synthesis, organic materials for electronic applications, precursors for nanomaterials, biosensors, nanophysics and electrical, physical and chemical characterization.
With your talent, passion and expertise, you will become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
We offer a fixed term contract (maximum duration 2 years). You will work at IMOMEC, Hasselt.
Who you are
- You have graduated from physical or engineering sciences.
- You have obtained PhD in physics or engineering in the direction of quantum mechanics or quantum technology.
- You have a good theoretical background.
- You can work autonomously.
- You have demonstrated leadership qualities.
- You have practical experience in semiconductor technology.