Researcher Statistical Modeling
What you will do
The primary responsibility of this position is to develop and support statistical models for reliability degradation mechanisms that are being studied within the reliability research group. In addition, you also provide mathematical and statistical support to various imec R&D programs.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Developing statistical (Physical inspired) models that enable lifetime prediction for various imec technologies (CMOS technologies, memory devices, BEOL modeling,...).
- Solving applied mathematical problems in the field of reliability and compact physical modeling.
- Interacting and supporting many different imec groups, proposing solutions to improve the reliability and performance of the technologies under development.
- Publishing papers and going to conferences. If needed, you also guide PhD students towards a successful thesis.
What we do for you
- We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
- We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
- We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We value your PhD in applied Mathematics or Statistics or equivalent industrial experience in applied sciences.
- We look for a new colleague with strong background in basic sciences and excellent analytical skills.
- It would be great if you have a strong background in Mathematica, and outstanding scripting skills. ( Python knowledge is a plus)
- Your insight and background in advanced logic and memory CMOS technologies would be a nice to have.
- We are living in a rapid evolving environment, so it would be great if you, as our new co-worker, show flexibility regarding job content, learning and mindset.
- Since you will be our math guru, you can work independently with minimum supervision. At the same time you are willing to share your knowledge. You help your colleagues with their statistical challenges as a nice, trustworthy team player.
- At imec, we work in an enriching environment with more than 70 different nationalities. This is why our new colleague (you?) needs to have excellent English written and oral communication skills and an open mindset.