RF Design-technology Co-optimization (DTCO) Engineer
What you will do
The High-speed analog/RF program of imec aims to develop new III-V technologies compatible with large scale Si platform dedicated for the development of advanced RF and mmWave circuits. This enables the realization of power efficient radios for 5G and beyond. Innovation on different levels is therefore required: process technology, device architecture, and circuit/system.
As a researcher in RF design technology co-optimization, you’ll translate the requirements of circuits into specifications for technology development.
You will optimize transistors and develop new device architectures, based on both TCAD and experimental studies. Also, to enable early circuit design, you develop advanced compact models valid up to mmWave frequencies, including parasitics, nonlinear and temperature effects.
In this job, you will interact with both circuit design and technology integration teams.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have obtained a PhD in electrical engineering or applied physics
- We appreciate your good knowledge of device physics, technology, and basic circuit design
- We value your experience in compact modeling, Verilog A language, TCAD and/or EM simulators and RF and microwave techniques
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You are creative and like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.