RF (Radio Frequency) Device Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated RF (Radio Frequency) Device Engineer.
In order to enable the next generation of communication systems (5G, 6G), the circuits are getting more complex than ever and are composed today of several chips, each implemented in different technologies optimized for a particular function. Downscaling of CMOS technology has allowed the integration of high-speed transceivers on Silicon chips. However, power amplifiers using III-V technologies, and high-performance switches fabricated on SOI substrates remain preferred choice for RF Front-End circuits. In order to develop cost and power efficient RF systems, co-integration of these different devices becomes critical.
In this job, you will develop and optimize transistors for high performance communications systems.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 2 years of relevant industrial experience or PhD in electrical engineering.
- You have good knowledge of device physics, technology, and basic circuit design.
- You have experience in compact modeling and Verilog A language and in TCAD simulators.
- You have a custom design background in Virtuoso for doing circuit design.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You are creative and like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!