SEM Process Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated SEM Process Engineer.
You will be a member of the SEM/TEM team within semiconductor technology and systems (STS). This team is responsible for in-line and out- of-line line electron microscopy inspections. Electron microscopy inspections are needed at different development steps to characterize, at the wafer level the process and materials, which were used in the area of More Than More (MEMS, actuators, sensors ...) and Core (SRAM, MRAM, 3D ...). As SEM process engineer, you ensure a smooth intake of the different requests with a focus on high quality SEM service.
The pinnacle of our ambitions as international frontier is our extreme advanced pilot production line. In this experimental production line we create our own developed technological production processes, which are ready to be transferred to large international IC-production companies. We deliver to our customers, the necessary knowledge to produce chips to an increasing number of requirements which result in an innovated production process. To fulfil these goals, we have several high tech clean rooms.
As SEM process engineer, you will have the following key responsibilities:
- You are a technical expert in SEM inspections and up-to date on the current limitations and possibilities of the tools with a focus on semi-conductor materials.
- You follow-up the different service queues offered by the operational department.
- You are co-owner in achieving the different targets set within the department.
- You are responsible for high quality and efficient first time request intake.
- You are the point of contact for e-doc evaluation.
- You detect potential efficiency and quality issues and take the appropriate action.
- You coach and train operators within the SEM/TEM team.
- You help 50% of the time with processing of the SEM/TEM requests.
You will work in a dynamic multidisciplinary and multicultural environment in close cooperation with researchers, hardware and process engineers, industry assignees, tool suppliers, device and process experts.
- You have preferably a master with equivalent experience or you have several years of hands on experience of SEM within the semi-conductor industry.
- You can plan and organize your work independently.
- You can work in a fast-paced setting, multi-task and prioritize assignments.
- You have good communication and organizational skills.
- You are assertive and a good team player.
- You are prepared to work in a shift system (predominantly early-late- weekend with some flexibility for urgent situations).
- You speak English and Dutch.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.