Senior Analog Design Engineer
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Job title.
Imec’s newly established and quickly growing team in Kissimmee, FL, has an immediate opening for a Senior Analog Design Engineer. In this role, you are responsible for conceiving, modeling, designing, simulating and testing the digital building blocks of the LIDAR, millimeter wave and THz imaging systems imec is developing currently. We will target both ASIC and FPGA solutions. Because imec’s product is innovation, this is an excellent opportunity for creative individuals who want to solve tough problems. You will be working in an international team with colleagues in Kissimmee as well as in Leuven, Belgium. Solid communication and intrapersonal interaction skills are therefore a must.Your responsibilities will include:
- Research of innovative analog, mixed signal, millimeter wave, THz and LIDAR circuits.
- Perform analog design from specification to documentation on block and top level according to the imec design flow.
- Come up with new ideas for future analog IC’s, going beyond problem solving, and constantly questioning and challenging the status quo.
- Contribute actively to design review meetings.
- Coach junior colleagues and interns or thesis students.
- Keep yourself up-to-date with the state-of-the-art in analog design flows.
- Communicate with customers and translate their ideas into specifications.
- Provide the business managers with technical input and resource estimates for project proposals.
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Electrical/Electronic Engineering with an emphasis on analog and system design.
- You are a self-motivated and creative experienced analog designer, with a proven track record in analog design projects for at least 3 years, to join a growing team
- You are fluent with programming languages including matlab, python, C(++), VHDL, Verilog and use them appropriately in the flow
- You are enthusiastic for working in an design R&D environment and contributing to a customer’s goals
- You have an excellent understanding of system / analog implementation
- You have exceptional communication and intrapersonal skills with the ability to work in a globally diverse environment
- The imec environment requires a flexible and enthusiastic team player with competent communication and reporting skills
- You are pragmatic and hands on with a can do attitude
- You have experience working in R&D environments
- You have the ability to communicate with international teams
- You are Fluent in English, fluency in languages other than English is a plus
- You are able to travel internationally on occasion
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As you would expect from a true world player, we offer you an attractive compensation package including medical, dental and vision, and 401k with employer match to reward your drive and commitment. Beyond compensation, imec offers a research environment like no other. A perfect bridge between academia and industry.
Imec’s newest location in Kissimmee, FL, is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, imec USA will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave, THz and LiDAR imaging systems.