Senior Biomedical R&D Engineer
What you will do
In this role you develop algorithms to extract health parameters, starting from physiological modeling and data collection to translating multiple physiological signs into health parameters. An important part of your job will be the physiological modelling, algorithm development and validation of algorithms and systems in real-life or clinical studies.
- Develop and evaluate algorithms to estimate physiological parameters and extract meaningful information from human biosignal timeseries. Timeseries such as ECG, EMG, EOG, GSR, EDA, PPG, piezo, heart sounds, Bioimpedance, contact impedance, motion information or combination of them.
- Develop methods to systematically evaluate and analyze the performance of sensors (signal quality, noise characterization) and algorithms (verification against off-the-shelf reference devices).
- Contribute in developing biomedical models to relate sensor data to physiological parameters.
- Analyze big data sets to understand patterns and detect anomalies in data, towards figuring out information relevant for the development, improvement or modification of wearable sensors and algorithms processing their data.
- Setting up and performing data collection campaigns aimed at validating sensors and algorithms, including design of protocol, IRB approvals, documentation, execution and analysis of such trials
What we do for you
By joining the Wearable Health Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
Who you are
- Typically you have a PhD in the biomedical field (or related) 2 years of experience or a MSc degree + 5 years’ experience in relevant projects.At least 2 years’ experience in the field of biomedical signal algorithms development on time series.
- Methodical but curious attitude, you take structured approaches to solving problems and you document your results (publishing experience appreciated).
- You posses theoretical and applied knowledge of human physiology or behavioral science.
- Experience with design of experiments and the collection and analysis of large data sets of human subjects (must).
- Solid knowledge of MATLAB (must) and preferably you have worked with Python, and C (plus).
- Solid statistical knowledge.
- Knowledge of machine learning tools (plus).
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken), great presentation skills: you are able to clearly make your ideas
- Experience dealing with external stakeholders (customers, suppliers), managing small teams of people and basic project
- Colleagues have always enjoyed working with you for your flexibility and for offering your helping hand.
- You enjoy coaching junior Biomedical Engineers.
- You see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- People describe you as a quick learner who is always interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- You have a hands-on attitude and you like to take responsibility for the process from idea to final implementation.
Flexible team player, actively helps other team members
- Quick learner, that is able and interested to acquire new skills and competences
- Good communication skill in English (written and spoken)
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.