Senior Data Scientist
What you will do
You will work on huge data sets that are either gathered by our research partners or by own set-up studies. Cooperation is critical with other teams that consist of electronic system Engineers/Architects and Biomedical Engineers.
- Design and deploy a data flow architecture and a machine learning pipelines for the different programs within Connected Health Solutions.
- Translate the state-of-the art data analytics and machine learning techniques into algorithms and solutions to identify health and environmental markers.
- Collect, clean and organize existing and new datasets (for example on digital twins).
- Take lead in interaction with customers and internal and external stakeholders to define the features and parameters of interest for selected application domains.
- Generate insights and develop data driven models from multi-sensor data streams and heterogenous data (e.g. genetic, physiology, behaviors).
- Develop biomedical data-driven models to relate features of physiological signals, such as respiration, heart rate (ECG, PPG), and electrical brain activity (EEG), to
high-level personalized health parameters.
- Optimize the computational constraints of the learning algorithms, validate results in real-life and/or (clinical) studies.
- Create machine learning pipelines in a cloud computing environment.
- Give direction to other data scientists (as the Data Science team will be expanded in the future).
What we do for you
By joining the Connected Health Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where
your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
Who you are
- MSc or PhD degree in Electrical /Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics or Physics with focus on machine learning, data mining and statistical analysis.
- At least 4 years of experience in the field of machine learning, biomedical signal processing algorithms and in developing decision support algorithms with
heterogeneous data types.
- Proven experience in leading different data projects in an industrial environment.
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning, with hands-on experience using TensorFlow, PyTorch, and/or CNTK.
- Solid knowledge of Python is a must. Working knowledge of R, Linux (including writing bash scripts), C, and Java is a plus.
- Ability to create data visualizations to convey a story.
- Experience with cloud computing such as Azure, Amazon and Spark (Data Bricks).
- Experience in defining experimental protocols, setting-up and running experimental evaluation.
- Hands-on attitude; which means taking initiatives, thinking pro-actively, having a flexible attitude and solving problems on a daily base.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Knowledge of human physiology and biological data (genetics, wearables) is a plus.
Click on ‘apply’ to submit your application. You will then be redirected to e-recruiting.