Senior Digital VLSI Architect for IoT SoC design
What you will do
You will be the technical lead of a team designing and implementing mixed-signal systems-on-chip (SoCs) for future ultra-low power radio and Internet of Things (IoT) systems. Your focus will be on the digital system/module architecture of our new ICs. Starting with system-level
modeling methodologies for architectural design and covering definition of sub-blocks, implementation and testing. The digital subsystem is part of a mixed-signal SoC. You will evaluate the trade-offs between security, power, area and performance. The final aim is that the designs will be productized by our industrial semiconductor partners. Apart from coaching other digital designers, you will also contribute to the definition of new R&D topics in discussion with experts in other domains.
- Take the technical lead in the definition and implementation of digital hardware in state-of-the-art SoCs and mixed-signal
- Perform architecture studies for SoC’s to run new applications.
- Contribute to the definition of new R&D topics in our technical leadership team, write project proposals and lead initial technical planning.
- Interface towards our partners and external project members.
- Develop and refine design concepts and architectures.
- Develop energy efficient hardware implementations to support new algorithms.
- Design and implementation of low-power HW implementation (RTL).
- Deliver results in time in accordance to the project plan.
- Document and present results.
Who you are
- You have a Master degree with at least 7 years of experience in RTL development (VHDL/(system-)Verilog) with TO experience.
- Proven track record in optimizing SoC architectures and sub-systems that are operating near the limitations of technology, with
challenging resource constraints, and preferably in the field of ultra-low power.
- Solid background of VLSI design, hands-on experience with digital design flow, from RTL to GDS2.
- Hands-on experience with FPGA prototyping and measurement equipment (silicon evaluation).
- Knows the fundamentals in digital communications, signal processing, and processor architectures.
- Proven ability to liaise across own discipline, i.e. with analog designers, algorithmic designers, embedded SW and application
- Good knowledge of security engineering, able to liaise with security experts of different fields (e.g. Software, hardware and cloud).
- Experience with System-Level Modeling (e.g., Matlab, Phyton).
- Knowledge of PERL, and shell scripting (plus).Background on signal processing and/or security (plus).
- Experience with radio (baseband) algorithms (plus).
- Knowledge of low power techniques; hands-on experience with the industry-standard UPF methodology (plus).
- Proven ability to solve problems.
- Quick learner and flexible in doing activities which might not be your core-activity.
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members and sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Proactive attitude, taking responsibility for the process from specification to validation, including communication and alignment
with different stakeholders.
- You feel challenged in an R&D environment.
- Good communication skills in English (written and spoken).