Senior Embedded Software Architect
What you will do
As a technical lead in Embedded Software you will architect and design embedded (constrained) wireless sensor nodes for multiple projects. Together with your colleagues, you will advance the state-of-the-art by developing innovative demonstrators and exploiting the latest
technologies. These prototypes are used in pilot studies in real-life environments.
- You develop embedded software for applications based on sensors, DSP and microcontroller platforms and radios that interface to PCs, smart phones and other portable devices.
- Define an architecture that optimizes maintainability and ease of development.
- Demonstrate the prototypes at partner meetings, conferences and symposia.
- Lead and maintain a generic firmware architecture.
- Implement algorithms in resource-constrained micro-controllers and DSPs.
- You will lead projects and help junior team members and students.
- In close collaboration with software designers, IC designers, hardware designers and application experts, you deliver results in line with the roadmap.
- You remain up-to-date on leading technologies and products in the area of embedded SW. This allows you to generate innovative ideas for future research.
- You advise the IC designers on how to optimize system integration of newly developed ICs at the software level
or on newly developed security solutions sensor nodes.
- You will be the technical liaison with our external partners and suppliers, responsible for all technical
aspects and project timelines.
What we do for you
The IoT team develops innovative solutions for massive, heterogeneous sensor networks. We connect billions of devices within high-speed
networks. Doing so, we have deployed indoor and outdoor wireless sensor network pilots in offices, stadiums and public gardens to provide real-life validation within a 'City of Things'. This allows us to deliver a unique platform to a wide ecosystem of partners to develop and optimize mid- and large-scale applications. This scalable, heterogeneous platform is tightly linked to our strong base of resource-constrained technologies. By joining our international team you will collaborate with like-minded people who like to change the way we work
and live. Here, your ideas matter.
- MSc degree in embedded software or electrical engineering or equal through experience.
- 7 years of experience in low-power embedded software design and software architectures for strongly resource limited devices.
- 7 years of experience in C++ embedded real time operating systems, low-power embedded HW/SW co-design.
- You have collaborated with security experts, IC designers, and application experts in multidisciplinary projects (plus).
- Hands on experience with low-power embedded solutions (must).
- Experience with Android (plus).
- Experience in leading small projects and/or coaching colleagues/students (plus).
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- You are able to think from a customer perspective.
- You like to contribute to a growing internationally recognized team.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.