Senior Embedded Software Engineer
What you will do
In close collaboration with engineers from different disciplines, you will develop embedded software solutions for our wearable health sensor systems. You will drive innovation both in technology as development processes. You will work in close collaboration with other
software designers, IC designers, hardware designers and application experts. In this role you:
- Develop firmware on Cortex-M processor platform to support sensor data acquisition, signal processing, storing and
- Develop low level drivers for operating peripherals of a Cortex-M processor.
- Testing embedded software in prototype hardware designs or simulators (unit testing, functional testing, regression testing).
- Develop test cases for (self or third party developed) software in Python.
- Support troubleshooting of prototype systems.
- Support evaluation and (lab-based) testing of prototype system.
- Support release process (testing of release candidates, code reviews, etc.).
- Interface with customer on definition of specification, interfaces, review of progress, and transfer of results.
- Develop software according to medical device or similar functional safety regulations.
What we do for you
By joining the Connected Health Solutions team in Eindhoven, you will be part of a team of disruptive innovators and thinkers. Together, with our Researchers and Engineers, you will work on wireless and wearable healthcare applications that empower people to manage their own health. We invite you to be part of our ambitious team where your ideas will have an impact on our society and our future lives.
- MSc degree in computer science, technical informatics, embedded systems or a similar field.
- 5+ years experience in embedded software development and architecture definition for resource constrained systems,
preferably in the field of wireless sensors and/or low-power.
- Advanced in coding for embedded software systems that are resource (power, memory, computation) constrained (must).
Knowledge of ARM Cortex platforms (plus).
- Excellent with programming in: C, C++.
- Experience with python, C#, MATLAB (plus).
- Proficient in Object Oriented Analysis and Design methodology (use of UML).
- Proficient in source code version control systems (Git, SVN).
- Experience in the field of testing (unit testing, integration testing, functional testing) and continuous integration.
- Experience with Jenkins CI (plus).You know how to operate a scope, a logic
analyzer and can debug low level driver issues in multiple bus protocols (I2C,
SPI, UART, etc.).
- Being able to read hardware schematics and understand functionality of the embedded system.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, that sees changes as an opportunity to learn and grow, and can technically lead a team to improve and
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
- Hands-on attitude. Taking responsibility for the process from specification to implementation, testing and debugging,
including communication and alignment with different stakeholders.