Senior Imaging Systems Engineer
What you will do
We are looking for an expert in productizing cameras and optical systems, with a strong technical background in both prototyping and manufacturing. Each system includes multiple components, from electronics (camera boards, image sensors) to opto-mechanics (lenses, shutter, piezo-electric components) and all those must be fully integrated including mechanics and software. You will build working prototypes from which you will define and execute the path towards a product: evaluate and select sub-components, qualify suppliers, plan manufacturing & testing with subcontractors and suppliers. You will work alongside our application engineers, optical designers, materials & processing experts and software engineers towards the full imaging product, while ensuring system requirements are met.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Build new camera prototypes in a goal oriented way.
- Build up new concept and file patents.
- Analyze current prototypes and build a plan for productization.
- Revisit important designs decisions, taking into account manufacturability.
- Specify and select subsystem components and qualify subcontractors and suppliers.
- Collaborate with specialists from our cross-disciplinary design and technology teams.
- Work according to agreed customer timelines and report on progress internally and to customers.
- Manage time effectively according to aggressive project schedules and quickly adapt to new project requirements.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a Master’s or PhD degree in Engineering and at least 5 years of relevant experience in industrial camera or imaging product definition.
- You are an expert in setting up production and test of cameras or imaging systems.
- You have in-depth knowledge of industrial requirements, design for manufacturability and test, standardization, supply chain management.
- You have experience in an R&D environment with an interdisciplinary team.
- You are a team player with excellent communication skills and fluent in English.