Senior Manager Fab Process Engineering
What you will do
The Senior Manager FAB Process Engineering is responsible for managing the process engineering business processes related to unit process improvement projects and module and process step development for the following areas: litho, dry etching, metrology, plating, CMP, wet processing, thin films, EPI and assembly.
With respect to process improvement projects, you coach and collaborate with the Area process managers to determine improvement opportunities both department-internal and across departments. You review, define and steer the process controls and improvements needed to ensure moving from risk-processes to stable and mature process performance. Through your leadership, your knowledge and background in step/module development and integration, you can facilitate solutions and clear both operational and development roadblocks.
With respect to process step development and customer projects, you coordinate the development projects with the Area managers in order to meet customer deliverables on the defined programs/projects. In this context, you closely collaborate with the Fab Business Alignment department. In addition, you facilitate close interaction with the Unit Process Development/Research teams, assure effective interactions with the CMORE (200 mm) and Core (300 mm) integration engineers. Your knowledge, experience and maturity in both process step / module development and integration engineering allows you to represent the Fab Engineering department in discussions with customers and stakeholders. To meet future customer expectations, you follow up on new technology trends and guarantee the readiness of the department for next generation technology challenges.
Your key responsibilities are:
- Managing SPC monitoring, continuous improvement plans and activities across the department.
- Ability to translate high-impact operational issues into improvement projects and investment needs.
- Detecting, defining and coaching department improvement projects to improve tool, process and module stability/maturity in close collaboration with your integration colleagues.
- Technical coach of the Area Managers by providing technical and managerial direction to projects and processes in development and/or production.
- Partnering with other departments and collaborating with Business Alignment for customer solutions, cost reduction opportunities, process improvement and stability, determining investment opportunities to improve future customer offerings.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or a Master’s degree with equivalent experience in Science or Applied Science.
- You are fascinated by high-level modern science and technology.
- Proven background in semiconductor process step/module development and process integration knowledge.
- You have a proven record and experience in operational management and technical leadership.
- You are an enthusiastic person willing to take up the challenge of reaching the ambitious departmental objectives.
- You have excellent planning and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English is required as this is an international environment.