Senior Memory Architect
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference!
For future semiconductor memory technology nodes, different concepts are being explored for storage class memory, on-chip SRAM replacement and other volatile and non-volatile memories. Novel devices with new trade-offs between volatility, energy and performance will redefine what the optimal memory organization in an overall system will look like. At the same time, the memory organization will drive the requirements for these novel memory devices.
To help steer our memory device research, we are looking for a Senior Memory Architect. In this role you will be challenged to research, define, architect and evaluate solutions across the full memory hierarchy with a focus on next generation technologies. The scope ranges from memory bit-cells and arrays up to memory hierarchy design. This will include: evaluating memory type, size and organization across the memory hierarchy; memory speed and energy requirements across the memory hierarchy; memory bandwidth requirements for various applications.
As imec focuses at creating the right technology solution for various application, the focus will be on a wide range of applications, ranging from HPC server applications to mobile low energy IoT devices and define the right technology target for each of them, rather than optimizing a single application..
• You have obtained a Master or PhD degree in Electronics Engineering, with at least 8 years of relevant industrial experience in memory and systems design .
• You have a background of digital or memory implementation and SoC architecture for one or more application domains (Mobile, Server, …) and can make specification for different memory types in different market spaces.
• You can see beyond the specifics technical details of given low-level solutions and extract the essentials to the work of the team into the right direction
• You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
• You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
• You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
• Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits. Interested in more details? Explore our website (www.imec.be) and be convinced!