Senior Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer for real time video holography
What you will do
The Wave-Based Sensing and Actuation department is exploring, developing and optimizing advanced optical beam forming strategies in wavelength ranging from THz through NIR and visible to UV. These systems result in ultra large arrays of nano-photonic antennas used to steer, focus or in general shape light for various applications. In the case of video holography projection in the visible, billions of antennas must be addressed in phase and/or in amplitude at 100-200 Hz within sub-wavelength pitches.
The goal of this research is to develop novel drivers for these light projection devices enabling addressing these large sets of antennas in a power-efficient and time-efficient manner. The extremely challenging specifications on data throughput and real-time calibration of the multi giga-cells chip will be of paramount importance.
Within this context, imec is looking for a Senior Mixed Signal Circuit Design Engineer for next generation truly holographic 3D video projection, working on monolithic integrated video hologram generation.
You will be responsible for:
- Full custom design, layout and verification of CMOS driver arrays
- Electrical test – including PCB procurement
- Exploring novel driver circuit and chip architectures to enable technology development
- Interfacing with multi-physics designers to understand the electrical behavior of novel tunable scatters under development
- Maintaining awareness of the algorithmic context driving the ASIC specifications
- Generating and securing IP
- Keeping up-to-date on all recent developments in the field. You do this by studying literature and interacting with your colleagues.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of an interdisciplinary team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary.
Who you are
- You have a PhD or several years of experience in full-custom integrated circuit design.
- You have experience with the design of structured arrays, e.g. memories, imagers or large DACs.
- We value experience with
- Designing with incomplete device information and PDKs and communicating with device engineers.
- VLSI front end and/or back end design flow
- Cadence PCELL development
- FPGA programming
- You work in a structured, transparent and accurate way.
- You are a constructive team player and actively share experience and knowledge with colleagues.
- Your networking skills, creativity, persistence and passion for what you do are highly valued.
- We are looking for your excellent communication skills in English, as you will work in a multicultural team and closely with our partners.