Senior Pixel Device Engineer
What you will do
Imec Derivative Technologies department offers companies to develop and fabricate customized specialty microsystems that cannot be produced in standard CMOS technology. To achieve this, we have developed our own platforms to process various CMOS imagers – hyperspectral, backside illuminated, embedded CCD-in-CMOS, Quantum Dots on Silicon, Single Photon Avalanche Diodes, and photonics chips. We have the freedom to tune our technology to the demands of our partners and develop advanced technology flows for prototypes / low-volume production as well as exploratory pixel / sensor architectures. To develop and explore new pixel concepts and technologies, we are looking for a motivated Senior Pixel Device Engineer.
You will be working in Imec’s Imagers System-on-Chip group as Senior Pixel Designer. Our group aims to develop innovative state-of-the-art imager technologies for diverse fields and scientific applications.
As a Senior Pixel Device Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Defining innovative device architectures and process conditions using TCAD simulations
- Designing advanced pixel according to internal or external specifications
- Defining test structures to assess device performance
- Interpreting electrical and optical data and providing feedbacks to Integration engineers
- Reporting project status to management and customers
- Following-up PhD or Master Thesis students working on exploratory pixel topics
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
- We appreciate your PhD degree, plus a minimum of 5 years’ experience in Pixel Design, preferably in an industrial environment.
- We value your deep knowledge in Semiconductor Device Physics and experience in TCAD Simulations and Semiconductor Technology.
- Experience in Single Photon Avalanche Diodes is definitely a plus.
- Your strong organization & planning skills are a huge added value to us.
- Your ability to communicate complex problems in a manner that also non-experts can understand, is a plus.
- Since you will be working in a highly international environment and will be maintaining a good contact with colleagues and customers, fluency in English is essential.