Senior Process Engineer CMP and Plating
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Senior Process Engineer CMP and Plating.
You will be a member of the Cleaning, Plating and CMP Process Engineering team (CPE). This process team is responsible for the standard processes and tools in the p-line and introduction of new tools and processes. As a Senior Process Engineer you will introduce new processes coming from R&D into the production line. Your main responsibilities will be:
- You will have a close collaboration with Researchers and Operators. You will be developing new plating processes specifically for the area of CMORE (MEMS, actuators, sensors) as well.
- After receiving an intensive on-the-job training you will be responsible for analyzing and discussing the CMP & plating process requests with the integration customers. Based on this you will design and execute the experimental plan in the cleanroom, and analyze and interpret the experimental results.
- You are expected to deliver high quality CMP & plating processes, including process window characterization, screening of alternative process options, metrology optimization to assure process reproducibility.
- Finally you will document and transfer the processes to the imec pilot production line and provide representative training.
- You will be responsible for 1st line troubleshooting for both CMP and plating tools/processes.
- You will be responsible for maintaining processes in your area.
- You are expected to monitor the stability of your processes and take counter measures in case of excursions.
- You will take care of process improvements.
- Furthermore, you will be responsible to guide and train Operators.
- You will be first person of contact for process issues within your area.
You have a Master in Industrial Engineering or a Master of Science in Chemistry, Electrochemistry, Biochemistry or Physics. Experience within the semi-conductor industry and in-depth knowledge of CMP and plating processes is required. You have a passion for progressive technology and processes. As you will work in cross functional teams, strong communication and reporting skills are required. You are a team player with a strong drive to share your experience and knowledge with colleagues. You strive to document and report your work to highest quality standards. You are able to plan/organize your work autonomously and like to take initiative. You are hands-on and work in a methodical way towards the best results. You are willing to work in shifts (early/late and every three weekends).
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imecAcademy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.