Senior Researcher/Project Leader Thin Film Sensor Devices and Integration
What you will do
Imec’s Large Area Electronics department is developing thin-film electronics technologies and solutions, that involve thin-film transistors, OLEDs and sensors on glass, silicon and plastic substrates, for integration into tomorrow’s displays, imagers and biomedical applications. In this growing R&D activity, we are currently looking for a Senior (or Principal) Researcher, who will take responsibilities as Project Leader in projects with international customers. He/she will be a driver for the further development of thin-film sensors, and their integration with control electronics on plastic.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Development of thin-film sensor devices, including in particular optical devices, for patches and imaging applications.
- Profound understanding of device operation, including modeling, simulation, and analytical evaluation of device performance.
- Understanding of application requirements and their translation to device specifications.
- Integration of the developed sensors into systems and applications.
- Definition and coordination of projects with customers.
- Writing and coordination of public funded projects.
- Guidance of PhDs, postdocs and master students to leverage the work.
What we do for you
We offer you the opportunity to join one of the world’s premier research centers in nanotechnology at its headquarters in Leuven, Belgium. With your talent, passion and expertise, you’ll become part of a team that makes the impossible possible. Together, we shape the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow.
We are proud of our open, multicultural, and informal working environment with ample possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. We commit to supporting and guiding you in this process; not only with words but also with tangible actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we actively invest in your development to further your technical and personal growth.
We are aware that your valuable contribution makes imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of a competitive salary with many fringe benefits.
Who you are
You are a self-motivated researcher, who seizes opportunities and is enthused by new challenges. You benchmark your results with state of the art and explore new methodologies that go beyond today’s solutions.
- You have a PhD degree (or minimum a Master’s degree) or equivalent experience in Electronics Engineering or Nano-science/nano-technology.
- You have extensive knowledge of thin film devices and preferably experience with optics, sensors and/or actuators.
- You are experienced with device modeling, measurement, characterization. You have cleanroom experience and knowledge about thin film device fabrication.
- You have experience in project writing. You are organized and you can structure a complex project.
- You have excellent communication skills, that you will use to interface with internal and external customers.
- You can work according to agreed customer timelines and manage time efficiently according to aggressive project schedules.
- You take initiative and work independently, while being part of a team.
You are result-driven and flexible to meet stringent deadlines with quality output.
The imec environment requires a good team player with customer-oriented communication and reporting skills.
Given the international character of imec, a good knowledge of English is mandatory.