Senior System Architect MM Wave Imaging
Imec is one of the largest independent research centers in the domain of nanotechnology and –electronics with offices in Belgium, the Netherlands, Taiwan, US, China, Japan and India. Over 2080 people with more than 70 different nationalities collaborate to perform research that mainly focusses on the development of chips and systems for the future. These are mostly researchers but our staff also consists of engineers, operators and people in logistic supporting roles.
Imec Florida is an R&D design center facilitating collaboration between imec’s headquarters, based in Leuven, Belgium, and U.S.-based semiconductor and system companies, universities, and research institutes. It focuses on R&D of high speed electronics and photonics solutions. Initially, imec Florida will be offering IC design research for a broad set of semiconductor-based solutions such as mm-wave imaging, infra-red imaging, LIDAR systems, and a broad range of sensors.
You will define, architect and implement next generation, best-in-class millimeter-wave imaging solutions, based on both deep insightsinto in-house technology and external customer requirements. This role requires
multi-disciplinary skills spanning the areas of active sensing, mm-wave RF, signal and image processing, beamforming, embedded HW/SW and semiconductor technologies.
You will have impact with your new ideas and methods defining system architecture, turning ideas/architectures into prototypes while interacting directly with our industrial partners.
Work on various projects with multiple industries.
You will deliver the system and application architecture point of view, understanding and managing your internal and external stakeholders.
Indicate resources needed to execute plans and you will steer them where necessary.
Act as the technical interface with partners and prospects and you will make attractive value propositions for them.
- PhD degree in Electronics Engineering or Physics or equivalent through experience.
- Broad insights in algorithmic solutions for imaging such as tomography, combined with deep expertise in modeling and simulation.
- Radar system knowledge is a plus.
- Solid understanding of system architectures, RF, antennas, HW/SW trade-offs, calibration, digital compensation and control loops.
- Strong signal and image processing skills.
- Hands-on design experience including embedded system design and integration.
- Building block definition and specification.
- Experience in and knowledge of the safety and security industry is a definite plus.
Experience of transferring research or advanced development results into production is a plus.
- Ability to convey ideas (in presentations, discussions at individual and group level) and steer (technical) solution, interacting with all stakeholders (technical but also at management level).
Experience of working in an international environment and closely with industry contacts and academia.
- Talent for coaching others towards a more application oriented way of thinking, keeping a clear focus on what matters most for the customer.
- Proven capability of interacting with external partners and prospects.
- Willing to travel regularly to discuss with partners and other imec teams especially to Belgium, Europe.
- Excellent communication skills in English (written and spoken).
- Flexible team player, actively helping other team members, you see changes as an opportunity to learn and grow.
- Quick learner, able and interested in acquiring new skills and competences.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join an ambitious organization, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative. In addition this is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. As befits a true world player we offer you an attractive total compensation package to reward your drive and commitment.