Si Photonics Integration Engineers
Our rapidly expanding Si photonics team is looking for three enthusiastic new colleges with a process integration background. We are working in diverse areas in Si Photonics, ranging from advanced exploratory topics (III/V integration on Si, QCSE) to bilateral projects aiming at systems moving to low volume production. There are integration engineer possibilities in all areas of interest and for all levels of expertise. If you are interested in working on Si Photonics as an integration engineer in one of the most renowned R&D institutes in the world, having access to state of the art process equipment, materials and processes, working together with the most important companies in the industry, and experts in the field, then you can be the candidate we are looking for.
We are hiring two integration engineers aiming to improve and extend our platform and willing to take on the many module development opportunities. We are also hiring a senior integration engineer, capable of managing complex bilateral projects and direct interactions with customers, guiding the projects from conception through mask design to development and fabrication.
- Your mission as integration engineer in the Si photonics team will be to set up, develop and maintain integration flows. As a senior integration engineer, you will also become responsible for the direct interaction with bilateral customers and the set-up, coordination, and follow-up of the project plans in alignment with the customer’s needs.
- You will work together with the device design, characterization and process development engineers and be responsible for defining and implementing the process splits for device optimization and linking these process splits to the optical response of the different active and passive devices.
- You will be defining and carrying out development plans, including design of experiment, risk mitigation and evaluation as well as guarding and improving the process quality.
- You are responsible for a streamlined project execution by interacting with process engineers, process assistants, test and reliability engineers.
- You will be reporting the results to internal stakeholders, including peers across team/group/unit and to the external stakeholders including imec customers and core partners, as well as the scientific community.
- You need to stay on top of the state of the art within your competence domain and benchmark imec’s solutions.
The ideal candidate has/is:
- Obtained a PhD, Master degree or equivalent industrial experience.
- 1-2 years’ experience in semiconductor processing or integration, 3+ years for the senior integration position.
- Experience in electro-optic devices would be an asset.
- Experience in DOE and statistical analysis is a plus.
- An enthusiastic team player, yet able to independently solve complex problems with limited supervision, in a fast-paced and highly challenging environment.
- For the senior integration engineer, the ability to plan, drive and complete complex, multi-disciplinary projects on schedule and with a focus on quality is a must-have.
- Excellent English communication skills and is willing to work in a multicultural environment.