Signal Integrity Engineer for 3D Technologies
Imec is the world-leading research and innovation hub in nanoelectronics and digital technologies. The combination of our widely acclaimed leadership in microchip technology and profound software and ICT expertise is what makes us unique. By leveraging our world-class infrastructure and local and global ecosystem of partners across a multitude of industries, we create groundbreaking innovation in application domains such as healthcare, smart cities and mobility, logistics and manufacturing, and energy.
As a trusted partner for companies, start-ups and universities we bring together close to 3,500 brilliant minds from over 70 nationalities. Imec is headquartered in Leuven, Belgium and also has distributed R&D groups at a number of Flemish universities, in the Netherlands, Taiwan, USA, China, and offices in India and Japan. All of these particular traits make imec to be a top-class employer. To strengthen this position as a leading player in our field, we are looking for those passionate talents that make the difference! Currently we are looking for a motivated Signal Integrity Engineer.
Chip stacking with high-density vertical interconnects and through-silicon-vias (referred to as “3D” or “2.5D” technology), has emerged as a powerful method to continue system scaling (higher performance, lower power consumption) complementing the traditional transistor device scaling and allowing further extension of Moore’s Law. Furthermore, the development of Optical interconnect technologies introduces a new era of high speed signaling among chips, enabling the development of new system-level applications that handle and communicate big amounts of data. Studying the impact of these novel interconnect schemes on system performance and evaluating different technology options for novel applications is the main objective of this position.
You will focus on:
- Modeling and analyzing signal integrity of high speed links considering different chip assembly technologies.
- Evaluate impact of noise effects on power supply and signal lines for novel multi-chip system architectures.
- Providing input to custom test sites to study experimentally the performance of high-speed interconnects.
- Performing test site characterization and statistical data analysis.
- Analyzing test results and communicate learnings to internal technology developers and imec’s partners.
- Delivering models for designing high-speed systems with 3D technology and Optical IO interconnects.
- You have obtained a Master degree in Electrical Engineering, with at least 3 years of relevant industrial experience or PhD in the area of signal integrity and high speed/RF circuit design, preferably combined with industrial experience.
- You are a communicative team player, but still you are able to work independently.
- You like taking initiative; you are persuasive and assertive, while keeping a constructive attitude.
- You show the flexibility to change between different projects according to changing priorities.
- Given the international character of imec, a fluent knowledge of English is necessary.
In exchange for your talent, passion and expertise, you will join a multicultural and high-tech company, with challenges there for the taking. Our flexible, progressive and informal working environment offers you a range of possibilities to take initiative and show responsibility. This is your opportunity to contribute to the technology that will determine the society of tomorrow. imec supports and guides you in this process; not only with words but with concrete actions. Through imec.academy, 'our corporate university', we are actively investing in the further development of all our employees to assure their technical and personal growth. Your valuable contribution and that of your colleagues make imec a top player in its field. Your energy and commitment are therefore appreciated by means of an attractive and competitive salary with many fringe benefits.